Okay lets get a few things straight…Just because you binged or cheated on your diet does not make you a bad person, a failure, fat, worthless, stupid or anything else hurtful and degrading like that. It does make you one thing though. It makes you HUMAN! A person who has made a mistake but who is not a mistake themselves. I am a firm believer in that “failure isn’t falling down, its remaining where you have fallen.” So don’t let this mistake define you or determine where you are heading in the future. This also applies to any other speed bumps you hit along the way of your weightless journey, dust yourself off and pick yourself up because no one else is going to do it for you.
When you binge you should definitely NOT do the following:
- Make yourself sick or purge it all back up. This is really harmful to your body and a bad habit to form.
- Restrict your calories or starve yourself
- Exercise like mad to punish yourself
You should however, DO the following:
- FORGIVE YOURSELF!!!!!!! This is so important, acknowledge it, accept it, learn from it and move on.
- Exercise by all means if this was already part of your day or if you feel like you need a little pick me up, the endorphins released with certainly make you feel better about the situation and in control again. Just don’t go too hard because you might make yourself sick.
- Eat!! No matter how made it was you still need to continue to eat, just make sure its nothing too heavy because like the exercise, it might make you feel sick.
The good news is your not going to go to sleep and wake up the size of a hippo tomorrow nor will you gain 5 kilos/ 10 pounds over night. Remember, your mistake do not define failure, they define your efforts. Chin up beautiful, it will be okay I promise you. If you want to talk my ask box is always open and I will always reply privately unless obviously it is anon. <3 xo