Here are just some quick tips that I wish I was told when I first started. They may sound so simple but they really can make a lot of difference. Please note these are just tips and it’s a good idea to consult a health care professional upon embarking on a lifestyle change.
1. Don’t drink your calories!! Don’t be tricked into thinking you are just drinking an innocent juice because it is actually filled with so much bad things and lots of added sugar! Things are marketed as ‘healthy’ and ‘good for you’ like Up n Go’s because they are made with the goodness of weetbix and milk so they must be good right? Wrong! Think of what else has to go into it for it so taste so yummy and to have such a long shelf life.
2. Which brings to me to my next pointer, remember, the longer the shelf life, the shorter yours. If it can last months without going bad, then there’s a high chance it probably isn’t very good for you.
3. WATER! Seriously this needs to become your best friend!!!! AT LEAST 2 liters with an additional 1L per hour of exercise/sweating you do. There is so many benefits of drinking water, it aids weightless because it helps you know whether your hunger pains are actually because you are hungry or if you are in fact thirsty, it keeps you fuller for longer and flushes out toxins. (It also clears up your skin too)!
4. Breakfast is so important! After you have been asleep for so long your lmetablisim has slowed down significantly and needs a nice healthy kick start. A good breakfast with also stop you from getting too hungry during the day.
5. Make sure you are taking a multi vitamin and any other additional supplements to individually suit your needs. (I highly recommend fish oil tablets, a quick Google search will show you why). I take multi, fish oil, evening primrose, vitamin C, flaxseed and digestive enzymes.
6. Try to eat as ‘clean’ as possible. This means almost nothing processed. When doing your grocery shopping, try to stick to the outside perimeters as much as possible, this is where you will find the majority of the fresh produce like meat, vegetables, fruits etc (perishable items).
7. Switch from white to wheat or rye with your starch (pasta, bread, rice). This small change can make a massive difference and has soo many benefits including keeping you fuller for longer and easier to digest.
8. Fruit! There is a lot of debate about fruit and weightless on here and whether you should eat it etc. Lets look at it really simply; fruit is natural and wholesome food. This being said fruit does have a lot of sugar and carbohydrates in it so it is something I would suggest to consume consciously (ie don’t eat 20 pieces a day) but it is definitely a good snack and can help to cure those nasty sugar cravings!
9. Vegetables!!!! Load up on these babies (especially your greens)! I know I sound like your Mother but they are amazing for weightless. Very low on calories and they keep you full for ages! They don’t have to be boring either and there is lots of ways to sneak these bad boys into your diet on a daily basis. Bake them/marinate them, throw them into a stir-fry or omelet!
10. Eat consistently. If you let a too longer time period lapse in between your meals your metabolism will slow down which means when you finally do eat again your body will store every bit of fat. A slow metabolism also means slower weightless! Avoid this by eating every 2-3 hours.
11. IF YOU ARE HUNGRY, EAT! There is no point in starving yourself, it will get you no place worth going and just lead to a whole lot of trouble. It doesn’t matter if you have already reached your calorie goal for the day, as long as you eat something healthy, you wont be doing any damage trust me. Sometimes your body will be hungrier on one day compared to another and that is okay, you just need to listen to your body because it will honestly tell you what it needs.
12. 80% diet, 20% exercise! You need to get your diet under control before you can worry about anything else. It is the most important factor in weightless, you cannot exercise out a bad diet. Yes exercise it really important as well and will speed up the process and help you tone but it is nothing without proper nutrition.
13. Which brings me to this point; you should combine cardio with strength training for best results. Cardio burns fat and strength training builds muscle which makes you toned and the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. So make sure you are doing cardio 3-6 times a week and strength at least twice a week for best results.
14. Don’t feel bad for having a treat once in a while. Everything (in moderation of course) is good because it can keep your cravings at bay and its nice to reward yourself from time to time (just make sure this isn’t a daily occurrence or it will loose its specifically and your weightless will be effected).
15. Alcohol prevents weightless dramatically. After you drink it takes up to 3 days for your body to start burning fat because your organs are so busy dealing with all of this alcohol you have put into your body and are busy working over time to process that and don’t have time to worry about fat. Also we are all guilty of a sneaky McDonalds stop in the cab on the way home at 4am, bad news!
16. Get enough sleep!!! 6-8 hours will help you so much in your weightless journey. It will stop cravings and helps you to repair your muscles.
17. The scale can be really disencouraging when you first start off. It might not move for ages but don’t let that get it you. At the end of the day it really is JUST A NUMBER! Since when are de defined by numbers? I suggest taking progress pictures, measurements and set goals to fit into specific pieces of clothing. I had the scale not move for ages but within that time a pair of shorts that never fitted me, fitted me!! Therefore the scale can be liar and so very deceiving.
18. Lastly, don’t have an unrealistic expectations or goal weight. Your body might not be healthy weighing 50 kilos just because you decided you wanted to. Ask a professional and they can advise you based on your body build, height etc.
GOODLUCK!!!! If you have any questions be sure to hit me up, I will do my absolute best to answer them or point you in the right direction of someone who can. Stay beautiful :) xo